Sunday 28 April 2013

woldwrath righ arm attached and drying

I found that there was a pretty significant gap on the underside of the lip for attaching the arm to the torso
So I sandwitched some greenstuff between superglue on the torso and superglue on the arm hopefully with the lip/the brass rod and the greenstuff once it sets is strong enough for so much weight on a small contact point.

I found my slippers actually work great to balance it on its side and not putting pressure on the base edge






I've made the decision to base all my bones on round lipped bases.
Even tho Warlord uses square bases, all the other 28mm skirmish games I want to play use the round bases and I want to be able to more seamlessly proxy figures. And mixed bases makes my OCD itch. I can't see to much of a problem using the round bases for playing Warlord since its just gonna be for local games anyways..we'll just have to make some small adjustments and consessions for b2b contact etc.

So I've had all the mummies from the old Nefsokar starter kit soaking in simple green and 3 bones I bought awhile ago that I had based on squares.
I got all of them seperated from the square bases now and I glued down the ghost on a 30mm round lipped base and used some woodfiller to blend the height of the brocholi base in..its left abit of a gap but nothing a little static grass won't hide.

I don't know if its abad idea but I decided to try adding a drop of black paint to some brush on white primer and used that for a basecoat on the ghost..Im gonna  throw it in the car for the next month and see how the paint holds up since its such a flexible sculpt..if the  tinted primer stays on I'll probably do the same for all the other bones in the vampire kit.





everything dried and seems to be secure..one arm to go!





No comments:

Post a Comment