Thursday 18 April 2013

woldwrath base painted

I ended up leaving the base color grey to start and simply painted over the whole thing with the sewer brown wash.
This tinted it a nice earthy brown while retaining the darker tone of dirt.
I used a little creme color for painting the fungus on the trees then used the stone wash on them to tint abit greenish.
Then drybrushed the trees a lighter linen white to get them abit of a weathered look

I then try burshed Waaagh flesh green over the more textured areas of the base then highlight drybrushed with goblin green to give it a dull green overgrowth look.
I then used xv-88 brown to highlight the smooth dirt parts adding in some some of the wood color mix i still had and then used abit  of linen white to do a final drybrush highlight over all the ground.

I indent to add alot of leaves and autumn clumps to this and some dead grass. after thats done I'll be using the realistic water over all the low points to give it all abit of a flooded puddle look.



Heres the woldwrath with the finished 3 torso pieces glued on sitting on the base.

I was thinking it would be easier to glosscote dullcote the torso before attaching to the base but haven't decided yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment