Monday 30 September 2013

bertok flesh glaze

I remembered to do the basing dry brushing before I went any further..since I inevitably get some on the feet and have to touch them up.

I used the kickstarter tanned leather as the base color then washed the ground with secretweapon wash then drybrushed back the highlights with the tanned leather while adding some linen white.

I wanted to try and figure out a more arizona/ middle eastern ground sandstone color..figured it would be good for my mummies and western figures and this guy is a good guy to test it on
it might be abit to orange from the flesh wash I might need to do one drop of it and one of sewer brown ..

after that I rebasecoated the feet and trim to clean up the splatter..I realized i hadn't did the metal on the tips of the straps on his waist so did those in the blue then honed steel.

I applied some sewer brown wash over the wood handle of the axe..the necklass ,rope and around the pouches creases to give some more definition.
I'll bring up the highlights later but felt they needed some deeper shading and I liked how the rope worked on the woldwrath and figured i'd do something similar here.

After that I made up the midtone glaze and tried to just apply it to the edges of all my highlight layers to help blend to a mid tone better and on the bottom half of the abdomen muscles.. and back muscles etc..I think it looks much better now..but not sure if it maybe needs abit of a small highlight color reapplied..I could go either way.


Welp here he is.


No comments:

Post a Comment