Saturday 28 September 2013

bertok flesh first highlights

applied the first layer of bertok's highlights using tanned skin..which i guess is actually the midtone and not a highlight but you all know what I mean.
its a challenging technique pulling towards the center from the edges..I'm not sure if I was suppose to be feathering in towards the highpoints or doing a more deliberate drag..but I tried feathering. and it seemed to work.
I only applied one layer..i guess thats whats needed and then I'll next apply the highlight layer.
Here we are so far.


applied the second highlight layer..its abit stark..i guess thats why they suggest a potential  glaze for the next step.. I think in general tho I'd rather thin out the paint abit more then the 2 to 1 ratio it recommends.. but this is the first mini where i've not used a wash to do the shading so I guess its gonna take some getting use to.


from a short distance it looks good tho honestly.





guess I gotta decide to either glaze and redo the highlights or just move on to basecoating the rest of the figure.
opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment