Sunday 29 September 2013

bertok fur and leather

I still need to do the glaze to address the flesh highlights but I figure Ill basecoat everything else first that way if I have any errant brush strokes I can clean them up when working on the skin again.

ended up using some kickstarter colors, dusky skin for the basecoat of the fur and hair and lonestar leather for the softleather/cloth sections.
I'm gonna use ruddy leather and oiled leather for all the leather straps

well heres where it stands so far..

got the rest of the basecoating done..its all the darkest shade color following the style that the flesh tutorial gave.
so the figure will brighten up.

I haven't applied a layer of steel yet..I figured I'd basecoat all the stuff thats going to be steel a blue tone and see how that works out..seems gold works great over brown..figured I'd try for a blue steel look. I'm gonna try using thin coats of metalic and see how that works out.
so everything thats blue will be a gunmetal shade of metalic
as well I want to do a bone neckless with just a gold centerpiece I think it suits the piece.

welp progress so far.



got couple coats of honed steel applied.


No comments:

Post a Comment