Wednesday 15 May 2013

learn to paint kit #1 cont

I noticed I missed the bottom of the pants before(I thought they were part of his shoes) so Went back and cleaned that up..as well I tried to thin the liner under the eyes just a smidge..tho when its dry..It might not amount to any difference heh.

So Lucky me I seemd to have found the magic formula of how much black to add to white primer to end up with a real close color match to the metalic true silver.......ya! lucky me! So basecoating the armor was a wee bit of a pain but its done.

I've never used inks before..I assume you mix the same 1:1 or 1:2 ratio of water with it?..I'll get to that after dinner I think
So here he is so far.



ok I got the inking done..started by trying to use a 1:1 ratio and that was a mistake..it make it very grey..so switched to straight black ink for the wash. When that dried I tried very carefully to drybrush the true silver highlights back up.

This is where I struggle I always end up with a fine mist of over spray from the areas I drybrush..even if I dont touch the cloth I can see a fine spackling..I tried my best to clean it up without actually repainting it all.

I think personally for me doing the armor first before anything else makes more sense just cuz the technique of drybrushing the silver does look great but I want to do more..but I don't want to ruin the rest of the paintjob..

In all likelyhood I'm way to agressive with my drybrush swipes in general :)

So here he is so far..I have some Polished silver that I had ordered before..I'm temped to use that for some Lining Highlights after its all done.. Just to make the edges pop abit.




No comments:

Post a Comment