Saturday 25 May 2013

Laurana Leather highlights

got back to working on Laurana. I decided to finish the basing material and drybrushing before painting the boots this time.
I tihink it blends into the brocoli base pretty well..with a little static grass it should be pretty seamless.

Then I worked on the leather straps/pouches and boots.. it seems like the instructions at this point kinda ran out of room or .. its just very  brief in its direction at this stage of the final touches..I think thats to bad I've been enjoying the direction so far in these kits.

So I did some hightlighting of the leather and boots..and now from the zoomed in photo I can see the back parts are pretty rough heh.
I'm really not sure what to do with the gold trim ..perhaps highlight with some brighter gold paint from other kits?( I have new gold from something

Besides that just need to work on the scroll and the rock and she's almost done.


I used some of the dark brown thinned to almost a wash to clean up the transitions on the back of the book case and canteen.
then used a little new gold to highlight the gold along the top ridges of the bracelets and belt buckle and book case..not really sure what else to do that isn't outside the scope of this kit.
I finished up the scroll following the directions..its abit rough in the transitions but I think its ok. I ended up using black ink to shade the rock and do text..which is very shallow and tiny..sheesh hehe.

I think I'm done painting her and she's ready for a glosscote/dullcote and flocking. While she's drying over the next 24hrs its time to start on Tsuko.



edit: all done sealed and flocked


No comments:

Post a Comment