Sunday 29 December 2013

The Phantom detailing

spent some more time doing the highlighting and detailing.
I ended up adding some marigold yellow(orangie yellow color) to the fresh blood to do the last slight highigts on the cloak..they're hard to see but I think they work without changing the tone of the cloak to orange to much.
for the leather trim i used lonestar leather over the russet brown and just added some linen white to the lonestar for the highest color on the mask strap and glove.
used some gw auric armour gold on the handle and cloak buttons then used armor wash to shade them and some newgold and pearl white to highlight.
The sword I used runefang steel some washes to shade and tried to use polished silver to highlight but I'm really struggling with the brighter colored reaper metalics..they seem more flat then metalics..I love all the other paints but something about the metalics aren't working well for me.
reguardless the sword needs some more blending between the shading and the brighter silver..its abit to abrupt .

for the black boots and shirt and cloak collar I just used noir black and blended in some stone grey progressively till just a touch of line white and stone grey for the tips.
for the hair I mixed some lone star leather and marigold for the mid tone and then some linen white to it to highlight the hair..seems pretty good as a sandy brown coloring



so here it is pretty much done except some tweaking of the sword.



No comments:

Post a Comment