Friday 22 November 2013

Olde Towne Test building roof

So I printed off the roof at 105% the default size..and decided to try and figure out a way to do the roof in one piece and not cut it apart.
So I left about 1inch of paper around the print out edges and scored the centerline crease folded and used the marker to cover over the white paper edge.
Then I took a foamboard panel thats about 3/8s of an inch tobig and lined it up right against the crease (held the roof paper at 90degrees)
with that glued down and dried i then glued the other side of the roof to the underside of the paper..using a spare piece of foamboard as a spacer to ensure the proper armount of room for the fold.



once the second section was glued down I removed the spacer and let it dry.


after that dried I flipped it over and used the hobby knife to cut the whole thing to its finished size and a clean edge all the way around.


you can see when by hand you lift the edge up you get a perfectly fitted right angle to glue while keeping the roof printed paper a single piece.




so then put a bit of glue on both sides of the rabbet and glued in two support pieces that fit just inside the buildings peaks.
and let it dry



the roof fits pretty good but I did find one issue the extention to the font and the back isn't quite enough the lip of the roof catches the edge of the front and back wall. I think If I printed the roof off at 110% for the next one it would fix the issue.
Over all tho it doesn't look bad at all.I still have a chimney to add to it..
For the windows I think on the front I'm gonna try adding the whole window as protruding and on the back just try doing the brick above the window and the window sill and see what looks better to everyone.

Heres what it looks like now.


No comments:

Post a Comment