Thursday 21 November 2013

Olde Towne Test Building cont

So got some more stuff printed off and wanted to get the edges of the building cleaned up.
Starting off I cut out the corner joints..using a smooth sculpting tool and a straight edge I scored teh center fold line on the printed side.





This lets you fold the corner piece smoothly but splits the edge abit tho when you fold it.

after folding and while folded over tight i used a black permanet sharpie marker along the edge to cover over the white paper that shows thru along the corner



after that dries I flatten out and use a straight edge and an exacto knife to cut out the white parts...then use  a sharpie to blacken the exposed edges all the away around( its just like lining! LOL)

after that I put a bead of glue down the middle of the paper at the corner and used a Q-tip to spread it out to all the edges smoothly and then just pressed it onto the corner of the building...i got the front two done..I think it really does a great job setting off the corners.

I want to print out the windows but need some cereal box cardboard to glue to to get the proper thickness I think the 5mm foam board would stick out to much.

Heres pic with corner edging.

No comments:

Post a Comment