Sunday 3 November 2013

Tom Gaunt shaded and face highlighted

I got all the metal bits painted with the darkest shades of metalics then I used the secret weapon colored washes for the most part to shade everything. I've been making my own washes from the LTPK directions for a while and figured I'd go back and try and see how these work vs making your own.

For the Red I used one drop of Red/Black +1 drop of Softbody black. for the Jacket 1drop of sewer water+1drop of softbody black.As well as the hair.For the wood stake and gun stock just straight sewer water. for the pants I did use a drop of duskyskin mixed with the black since i don't have a premade shade that works with it .and abit of flesh wash under the nose in the eye sockets and deeper cheek and under the chin.

I started doing the facial details..using blacked brown to line the eyes and the iris's and linen white for the whites of the eyes.
built up the facial highlights using the tanned skin triad from shadowed as the basecoat color up to tanned highlights.

for the hair I added more grey to the blond mix for the first highlights and linen white to the mix to work up to a more grey and white hair color..with just a hint of sandy blond left to it. I don't know why but I like it better with grey hair..


I've been wondering if it isn't time I start trying to paint in some eyebrows on figures like this or if its kind of redundant.




I think for the rest of the figure I'm gonna work smoothing the midtones from the shadows and then go directly to highlighting that same section vs doing all the midtone clean up before highlighting

spent some time highlighting the red from the basecoat color of splattered crimson up to fresh blood. I think thats enough..I dont' have a brighter red that isn't a pink.
after that I worked on the coat..building the midtone back up and blending the edges of the shading then building up the highlights from lonestar leather to tanned leather.
I think its enough..i don't want to washout the darker color completely.

next up the pants I think..but gonna leave that for tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment