Thursday 3 October 2013

bertok highlights and armor

I went back and applied another highlight layer to the leather straps..they seemed abit flat to me.
I then highlighted the pouch and sack, an eyepiece as well as cleaning up the beeds of the necklass and highlighting it and the medalion.
after that I tried to bring the tone of the axe handle back up then worked on the grey hair..I think its ok..tho in the back there were a couple spots where paint got into some crevices again and I might have to go back and clean that up..

I found a great article on shading TMM on coolminiornot and wanted to try and practice the concepts on the metal areas.
 http://www.coolminiornot.com/articles/1649

I simplified it abit and used secret weapons armor wash with a 1:3 ratio to additional water and then used it like a glaze vs a wash and used the same basic technique we were to use on the skin highlights in this kit but in reverse..starting at the bright areas and pushing the brush to the darker edges.(included a side pic so the shoulder piece shows what i mean better)
 I did that probably about 6 times and figured Id stop at this point and maybe do some more tomorrow or move to adding in metalic highlights. I do like the tone..but I got a nice aqua wash I could apply abit of to bring back some of the blue tint  as well..


ah well here we are..getting very close to finishing this one..





No comments:

Post a Comment