Wednesday 12 June 2013

Flames of War Soviet Jeeps

I got two more smg teams done and am working on the last 3  while doing those I've also been working on the jeeps and crews.
I got a couple builds that use 3 jeeps as transport for my 1iC, 2iC and Battalion Komissar.
I left the crews on the metal sprews and just painted and dipped them. Then Basecoated the jeeps.
I used a brown wash over the leather and cloth and black wash over the rest of the jeep. I'm trying to see how I like the results on vehicles of Dark shade dip(which Ill use on transport trucks) vs just wash's.






next I need to glue in the crews and then I'm gonna try some secret weapon weathering pigment "yellow earth"
I've never used pigments before but some videos make it look pretty straight forward..I'm gonna try to focus on the tires and wheel wells and the front grill and undercarage areas...see if some dusty dirt looks better then nice and clean.


so I got everything glued in..applied some pigment to the jeeps that looked really cool and dusty dirty look.
then I gave it a good coat of dullcote...and the pigment is about 80% gone...i think the varnish melted/soaked it up..

So I'm not sure if its a good idea but tomorrow I'm gonna try and reapply some pigment and then just give it a very light dullcote spray unlike my rather excessive normal.

here they are so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment