Sunday 4 August 2013

more painting of the zuzzy mat

so I make a darkbrown wash and applied it over the whole mat to start..the latex seems to take along time to dry
Here you can kind see the brownish tint (having issues taking pictures in the kitchen with iphone..colors are getting all messed up)





after that I used straight brown on the trees and a mix of brown and yellow on the dried up ponds/ cracked dirt areas.
 then I used green with a touch of black added and make a bit of a thinned down paint. Using a big 4 inch painters brush I kinda wet drybrushed scrubbed over all the areas that weren't brown..and proceeded to paint over the trees...should have did those after.
I took it outside to take a picture so the natural lighting would help with the color reproduction.


The greens not a solid coat..more tinted I'm not sure if I should leave some brown showing thru or do a dark green wash over th whole thing..I know I don't wan to paint to thick or it will flake off the matt.

Heres acouple close ups where some brown is showing thru..it might be find like that honestly....but I'm curious if anyone thinks it just looks to splotchy and unfinished vs..dirt showing thru the grass color



still lots to do..Next I think I'm gonna do a darkbrown/black wash over the trees  before drybrushing up some highlights on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment