Monday 15 July 2013

Rifle teams finished and started work on ISU-122

so been slowing down abit..but did manage to get the next 4 rifle teams finished



I got all the tanks build from the heavy artillery box set. 1 IS-2 and 4 ISU-122/152 .
I used magnets in the hulls and all the Gun barrels so I can use them in which ever configuration is convenient.

I used the armypainter army green colored primer on them and the last 2 SU-122's

i'm trying to see how I can speed paint the vehicles without to much fus(got about 24 tanks,10 transports and 5 armoured transports to get thru)

 after the basecoat I tried a couple layers of drybrushing ablend of the army green with reaper tanned highlights.




after that I painted the details on the tank(wood trim,ropes etc) and the treads..the treads I did in a dark grey then used a wet drybrush tecnique to add gunmetal grey to the higher ridges that would be worn to metal.








after that I then used army painters Darkshade quickshade with a large brush to varnish the hull. I didn't do the wheels or tread since I need to flip t over for those parts after the roof section dries tomorrow.
When thats done I'll apply the decals and try some weathering pigments.



overall I thinjk it will do for tabletop quality. I wish the army green was russian green(deeper color) but for the speed I think it will do.
its still wet I'll see how it looks when its dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment